10 reasons to eat dark chocolate (besides the obvious one)
Healthy reasons to eat dark chocolate
Chocolate tastes amazing, I think we’re all clear about that. The aroma, the texture, the flavour, everything about it is just great 😊. But, did you know that our favorite treat has also great benefits for your health? Yes, you are reading correctly, there are many reasons to eat dark chocolate, but what is most interesting, dark chocolate has proven medical properties that help improve your health!
Let’s take a look at these 10 reasons why you should eat dark chocolate.
- It’s rich in minerals: iron, zinc, potassium and selenium are very important minerals that our bodies need in order to function properly. Guess what? You can find them all in dark chocolate!
- Good for anxiety: thanks to its several bioactive compounds, the lipid anandamide is increased, which leads to calmness and lower stress hormones.
- It’s good for the heart: due to its richness in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties, cocoa makes blood less sticky and therefore reduces heart problems.
- Helps reduce fatigue: due to its chemical compounds, it´is beneficial in fighting fatigue and even depression.
- Good for your cholesterol: researchers found that cocoa consumption raises levels of good cholesterol and reduces levels of bad cholesterol, which lowers the risk of heart disease.
- It’s good for blood flow: flavonoids present in dark chocolate help lower blood pressure and improve blood flow.
- Good for the brain: brain inflammation is responsible for mental health problems. Dark chocolate helps with these problems, thanks to its anti-inflammatory qualities.
- It’s helps reduce symptoms of PMS: thanks to its antioxidants and magnesium, it helps fight the discomfort of PMS.
- It’s good for a cough: There is a part of the brain responsible for coughing fits: the vagus nerve. Theobromine, one of the chemical components of dark chocolate, helps reduce the activity of this nerve.
- It’s good for diabetes: crazy right?! Insulin sensitivity has been shown to improve thanks to cocoa.
Now that you know how chocolate can be beneficial to you, it’s time to get some bars. However, please keep in mind to get a quality product!
We have a great collection of craft, fair trade and quality chocolates. Take a look at it and start enjoying the great benefits this amazing creation has to offer 😊
You are still not sure what is the right chocolate for you?
Subscribe to our monthly chocolate box and discover the world of craft chocolate from the best bean-to-bar chocolate makers.
Every month something new!